Today is World TB Day
The Theme is: Unite, Leave no one behind to End TB!




Today is World TB Day
The Theme is: Unite, Leave no one behind to End TB!
Two years after I was diagnosed as being HIV positive, and declining to start ARV treatment after diagnoses, I contracted TB... 

I was drastically loosing weight and getting weaker by the day...but never coughed at all.
My doctor was also puzzled as to what might be ailing me and he sent me to be admitted to hospital to be added blood and water.... but this did not help...
I was then discharged and asked to bring back my sputum, to which again nothing showed... 

I did an x- ray which only showed a dark area in my lungs indicating that I am a smoker...
Eventually a good friend of mine took me to another facility, so weak and unable to walk I had to be pulled into the facility in a wheelchair... with a measly weight of 35kg 
The doctor examined the very swollen lymph nodes on my neck and asked me why I sought treatment so late as I had active Tuberculosis...
He ordered a biopsy which proved that is was indeed the case...
I was immediately put on anti TB drugs which I had too take for eight months and within two months started ARV therapy...
My adherence to the TB medication makes me unlikely to contact TB again!
Tuberculosis (TB) is one of the top 10 causes of death worldwide. Common symptoms of active lung TB are cough with sputum and blood at times, chest pains, weakness, weight loss, fever and night sweats TB is a treatable and curable disease.
Do not ignore the symptoms associated with TB and do not stigmatize TB infected persons!
The pin I am wearing today shows a Red arrow leading towards Ending TB!